Here are my final thoughts on our Spring Break trip to Palm Island Resort in 3/2006.
- The Beach at Palm Island - wide, deep powdery sand, hard surface near with water for walking, no red tide :-)
- The Ocean at Palm Island - calm, very warm,
- Sharkey's on the Beach in Venice - awesome blackened grouper, but don't let them talk you into lightly blackened
- The Tomato Patch - Sandwich spot in downtown Venice
- Splash - Venice - Get Your Bathing Suits here
- Unit 2011 at Palm Island Resort - All in Blue and Yellow, best appointed condo ever! Cook for 1,000 at this place. Veddy veddy nice.
- Golf Cart 28 - it rocked
- Drive to the end of Palm Island at Sunset - don't forget the G and T!
- Dinner on the patio - either at J & E's or at Palm Island - don't forget the candles.
- The Fishery Restaurant at Placida - super fresh fish cooked to order - they take reservations, too!
- The Fish Market next to the Fishery in Placida - RIGHT off the fishing boats - the shrimp is absolutely the best!
- the Rum Bay Restaurant at Palm Island Resort - only served fried grouper, lunch was inedible, seemed to cater to busloads of senior citizens
- Florida Drivers Suck
- Minnesota Drivers Suck
- Johnny Leverock's used to be much better. Not so hot any more. Wait isn't as long, either.
- The drive from Palm Island to Ft. Myer's airport - it is two lanes most of the way and you have to travel behind 90 year old ladies going 20 mph in a 55 mph zone with no way to pass
To the totally rude people who stayed in the unit above 2011 at Palm Island Resort, played loud rap music and played tennis inside the unit at all hours.